Photo Credit: Apple x GGD News
Talk of the iPhone 15 finally drew to a close this week. CEO Tim Cook revealed the latest iPhone iteration at Apple’s Fall event; an annual show that is morphing into a global seasonal tradition (Think: Mariah Carey and Christmas or Starbucks and a Pumpkin Spice Latte). This year, the event was themed “Wonderlust.” Despite the many predictions and excitement over design leaks (including our own here at GGD earlier this year), the iPhone 15 models feel more like a quick refresh of the iPhone 12. No jaw-dropping changes, but here are the key features that stood out:
- Action Button: All versions of the iPhone 15 have a new third side button. It acts as a quick shortcut for whatever feature you prefer or use the most. By default, the Action Button is set to silent mode, but now you can even connect the Action Button to an app or a feature linked to other Apple devices like a playlist.
- More Video Playback Time: For iPhone 15 devices, the playback time is up to 26 hours. And for iPhone 15 Pro, the video playback time has increased up to 29 hours.
- USB-C Adaptable: The iPhone 15 is the first version to support USB-3 connector cables. Now you can charge a Mac, iPad, and the iPhone 15 Pro with the same connector. Being USB-C adaptable also means data transfers between devices will be 20x faster.
- 48 MP Main Camera: Thanks to new Ultra Wide camera settings, users will gain access to multiple focal lengths; dubbed as “7 pro lenses in your pocket.” The iPhone 15 Pro Max comes with a special 5x Telephoto camera: the longest optical zoom of any iPhone.
- Recyclable Inner Frame: The internal frame of the iPhone 15 Pro is made from 100% recycled aluminum. Users will also be holding the lightest version of the device due to the iPhone 15 Pro’s aerospace‑grade titanium design.